TQL Recognized for Cargo Security Best Practices
At TQL, we take great pride in delivering excellence in customer service 24/7/365, and when our efforts get recognized by external organizations, that tells us we’re doing things right.
CargoNet recently honored us with its 2019 “Best in Cargo Security” award in the Larger Broker/Intermediary Category. We were recognized for our ‘exceptional cargo theft prevention efforts.
A CargoNet member since 2013, the Cargo Risk Management team at TQL is dedicated to ensuring every shipment which we arrange arrives safely at its destination. Our disciplined approach to protecting our customers’ products while in transit earned us this award this year. Specifically:
- We have a documented security plan for in-transit cargo that is reviewed regularly and shared with CargoNet for further input.
- We communicate to shippers and carriers throughout the year, including prior to ‘high-theft’ holiday weekends with key information for keeping cargo safe such as:
- Latest trends by cargo thieves
- Best practices, protocols and contingency plans when shipping or carrying high-value cargo
- Best-in-class procedures for improving the chances for recovery if a theft occurs.
Our Cargo Risk Management team deserves this recognition,” said TQL President Kerry Byrne. “Cargo theft is a serious threat to businesses, consumers and the economy. We want our customers to know that the security of their shipments is a top priority for us,” Byrne added.
CargoNet partners with the National Insurance Crime Bureau, manufacturers, carriers, freight brokerage firms and law enforcement to deliver a national information-sharing system to combat cargo theft. The system focuses on aggregating and sharing information and intelligence from multiple police agencies, task forces and the industry.
CargoNet also honored TQL with the “Best in Cargo Security” award in in 2013 and in 2017.