Less Than Truckload Shipping Improves Supply Chain Efficiency
The events of the last 18 months have infused chaos into global supply chains. The unpredictability of raw material availability, labor, adverse weather, port shutdowns and inflation have created a demanding transportation environment, requiring shipping to shift on a dime — whether it’s new shipping and receiving points, capacity issues, or carrier options.
Having options is critical in a challenging transportation environment. Less Than Truckload shipping, a mode of transportation designed for shipments weighing between 150 to 24,000 lbs., combines freight from multiple shippers to create a full truckload, optimizing space and budget.
Why use TQL for your Less Than Truckload Shipments?
Navigating LTL alone is complicated. We monitor your shipment around the clock and regularly communicate progress updates — no one else will keep you more informed. When you choose TQL to transport your LTL, you gain access to 45+ national and regional carriers and an expert who is there with you every step of the way. From pickup to delivery, we problem-solve and advocate on your behalf, conducting audits to reduce your chance of a rebill due to inaccurate information and location verification to ensure your shipping points don’t require any special considerations.
When you use TQL for LTL you can expect:
- Pro-active communication
- Capacity and carrier selection
- Expertise and solution development
- Claim management, saving you time and back and forth
- Invoice auditing to ensure you are not being overcharged
- The right mix of technology and human expertise, “High Tech & High Touch”
What are the advantages of Shipping Less Than Truckload?
1. Save Money. Using LTL instead of FTL when transporting a smaller shipment can be more cost effective. LTL combines shipments from multiple shippers, allowing you to only pay for the space you use on the truck. This can be even more beneficial for a shipper with desired packaging, commodities and density.
2. Decrease Emissions. By consolidating multiple LTL loads onto one truck, we can lower the number of trucks carrying under their capacity and reduce emissions. This also helps increase the frequency of shipments to customers or inbound materials.
3. Accessorial Services. LTL carriers provide more accessorial services for pick-up and delivery than traditional FTL carriers, including liftgates and residential locations.
4. Visibility and Connectivity. With TQL, you can track your LTL shipments, view load documents and processing simply through TQL TRAX so you are up to date with the shipment. You’re still backed by live support 24/7/365 when you need us.
5. Options. Options. Options. LTL shipments have the option to choose between multiple service levels, including standard, expedited and guaranteed delivery with the flexibility to move 1 pallet or 15 pallets, and a range of carriers with different price points to stay on budget.
When customers choose TQL, they receive quick communication, proactive shipment tracking and exceptional service levels. TQL is a company you can rely on to do more than get your product from point A to point B.
If you would like to learn more about how TQL can meet all your shipping needs, visit our website, call us at 1-800-580-3101, 24/7/365 or contact the LTL Team directly at LTL@tql.com
Click Here to learn about TQL TRAX: TQL | TQL Trax