TQL’s Top 5 Tips to Ace your Interview
Want to make an impression at your upcoming interview? At Total Quality Logistics (TQL) we are here to help you succeed even before Day 1. As one of the largest freight brokerage firms in the nation with 8,000+ employees, we know what companies are looking for when it comes to hiring the right candidates. We had our power interviewers come up with these 5 tips to help you stand out from other applicants.
- Do Your Research
- How much you know about a company can reflect your enthusiasm for working there. Research the company, the position and the interviewers beforehand. This will give you more knowledge and confidence going into it. You will have plenty of information to reference which will allow you to answer questions effectively.
- Come Prepared
- Be sure to arrive 5-10 minutes before your interview; it will give you time to gather your thoughts and review your notes. Display professionalism by dressing appropriately, bringing your resume, a notebook and a pen.
- Express Interest
- Explain to your interviewers why you chose to apply, and how you heard about the position. These topics are great icebreakers to build up rapport. Tell them why you want the position and what makes you qualified to take on this role. Show that you are confident in your abilities and that you are willing to learn what it takes to succeed.
- Ask Questions
- Ask insightful questions about the role, the culture, their values and what the company’s expectations of you are. This will stimulate conversation and determine if you are the right fit for the job.
- Send A Follow-Up Email
- Be sure to thank your interviewers for their time; this not only shows professionalism but confirms your interest in the position. If for some reason you do not get the role, sending a follow-up email will keep you on good terms with the company so they can keep you in mind for future positions.
Will you ace your interview at TQL? – Apply today at TQLJobs.com