Final Four Set In Winner's Bracket; Consolation Must Grind
Muscle topped hustle.
The Splash Brothers (Lexington) took advantage of superior size to pound the ball past a smaller, scrappy Team Detroit in the feature game on day three of the TQL national 3-on-3 basketball tournament.
Other Elite Eight winners included three-time defending champs Back to Back to Back (Ivy) – who may have set a tourney record for fastest victory in its demolition of the Patrick Ewing All-Stars – FCFS (Cleveland) and The Beeb’s (Ivy).
In the consolation bracket, Phoenix Suns, The Fallouts, Murphy Boys, Pippen Ain’t Easy, ROC Boys, The Seabass, Ball ‘Til We Fall, Team Mobile, CS/LS, G-6, The Dirty Three 30s and the Strokers all dropped from contention.
Action resumes tonight at 5:30 p.m. on the TQL court.* By the end of the day, the last three teams will be standing and we’ll know who will compete for the title during Friday’s patio party.
Fans all over the company can tune into a live video stream of the action.
It will be a grind in the consolation bracket this evening, with three games in rapid succession for the team reaching the semifinal.
- Consolation bracket: Patrick Ewing All-Stars (Ivy) vs. Baseline Leaners (Dayton) (5:30)
- Consolation bracket: Hustlers (Cincy West) vs. Old Warhorses (Pittsburgh) (5:30)
- Winner’s bracket semifinal: FCFS (Cleveland) vs. Splash Bros. (Lexington) (5:45)
- Winner’s bracket semifinal: Back to Back to Back (Ivy) vs. The Beeb’s (Ivy) (5:45)
- Consolation bracket: The Bay (Tampa) vs. Team Detroit (6:00)
- Consolation bracket: Patrick Ewing All-Stars/Baseline Leaners vs. Hustlers/Old Warhorses (6:00)
- Consolation bracket: The Bay (Tampa)/Team Detroit vs. First semifinal loser (6:15)
- Consolation bracket: Patrick Ewing All-Stars/Baseline Leaners/Hustlers/Old Warhorses vs. Second semifinal loser (6:15)
- Consolation bracket semifinal: (6:30)
- Winner’s bracket final: FCFS/Splash Bros. vs. Back to Back to Back/The Beeb’s (6:30)
Hall of Famer Ralph Lee recaps the action from Day 3 and looks ahead to tonight right here.
Got game? Show your stuff by considering a career at TQL.
* In case of inclement weather, we’ll shift the action back to Nothin’ But Net Sports Complex (4343 Mt. Carmel-Tobasco Road, Cincinnati, Ohio 45244).