TQL Teams Pound The Pavement Across Cincinnati
Cincinnati (March 23, 2012) — TQL is proud to sponsor numerous local races this spring, raising money for a multitude of worthy causes and furthering the company’s goal of promoting long-term healthy habits.
“TQL has always gone the extra mile to make health and wellness a priority for our employees,” said Kerry Byrne, Executive VP. “Sponsoring events like these are an opportunity for us to share our passion for a healthy lifestyle with others, and support our community in the process.”
Judging by recent employee accomplishments, the emphasis on wellness is resonating with company employees and their families. At this year’s 35th Annual Heart Mini Marathon, TQL sent a contingent of 205 employees, friends, and family members. That’s up from 47 participants last year. The company collected more than $13,000 on behalf of the American Heart Association.
Other wellness successes at the company for 2012 include this year’s Biggest Loser–inspired competition. There were 86 teams of two that took part in the eight week challenge, collectively losing more than 1,200 pounds.
TQL is sponsoring the following community races this spring:
- March 18, 2012 – 35th Annual Heart Mini Marathon. The proceeds benefit the American Heart Association.
- March 24, 2012 – 1st Flying Angel 5K in Anna, Ohio. The proceeds benefit the Making Miracles Happen Foundation. http://flyingangel5k.shutterfly.com/
- March 31, 2012 – 4th Annual GA 5K – A Heavenly Hog Jog. The proceeds benefit to Guardian Angels school. https://www.gaschool.org
- May 19, 2012 – 3nd Annual Forest Hills 5K. The proceeds benefit the Forest Hills Foundation for Education. www.foresthills5K.com
- June 16, 2012 – Loveland’s Amazing Race. The proceeds benefit a variety of local charities. https://www.amazingcharityrace.com/
For more information or to register for upcoming races, visit the official race web sites.
ABOUT TOTAL QUALITY LOGISTICS (WWW.TQL.COM)
Total Quality Logistics is the nation's third largest freight brokerage firm with more than 1,800 employees in nine states. TQL is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, where the company was founded in 1997. TQL arranges full truckload transportation for more than 7,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada. It works with more than 50,000 carriers and moves more than 500,000 shipments annually. The company has built a reputation for its integrity, reliability, and unmatched customer service. TQL has earned “Top Workplace” honors at its Cincinnati, Columbus, Indianapolis, Chicago, Denver, and Tampa offices. TQL is committed to making a positive community impact in all of the cities in which it operates. To learn more about Total Quality Logistics, visit www.tql.com.