Employees Donate Time, Company Donates Funds
Union Township – Total Quality Logistics, a third party freight brokerage firm headquartered in Union Township, this year joined the ranks of dozens of local companies in supporting the Greater Cincinnati Komen Race for the Cure® 5K.
In addition to signing on as a first time $10,000 Silver Level Sponsor, over 30 TQL employees registered to run or walk in the race. The company also encouraged its clients and carriers to get involved by participating in its “Loads for a Cure” campaign. For each truckload shipment it arranged the week prior to the race (September 13-19), TQL agreed to donate an additional $1 to the local Susan G Komen chapter. As a result of the campaign, TQL presented the organization with a check for $8,083 the morning of the race.
“We are honored to be in a position to make such a generous financial contribution,” said Jeff Montelisciani, VP of Sales at TQL and Race for the Cure participant. “After announcing our involvement with the 5K event, many of our employees, clients and carriers shared with us their personal stories and connections with this life threatening disease. It was touching to hear how much our donation meant to the members of our TQL family.”
The Susan G Komen organization has invested nearly $1.5 billion to aid in research for a cure since the organization’s inception in 1982. The 2010 Cincinnati-based Race for the Cure event drew over 18,000 participants and spectators, while raising $1.1 million through a combination of donations, registrations and sponsorship. Approximately 75% of this money will stay in the local community to fund breast health education, screening and research while the other 25% will go to the Komen National Innovative Research program.
The Susan G Komen Race for the Cure event is just one of many initiatives Total Quality Logistics and its employees support through its TQL Cares program, an employee-driven community service committee. So far this year, TQL employees have volunteered over 200 hours and donated more than $18,000 to various charities including the Ronald McDonald House, American Heart Association, March of Dimes and more.
To view a short video and pictures of TQL employees at the race, visit TQL’s Facebook page.
ABOUT TOTAL QUALITY LOGISTICS (www.TQL.com)
Total Quality Logistics is the nation's 6th largest freight brokerage firm. For the past 12 years, TQL has arranged the full truckload transportation for thousands of clients nationwide and has built a reputation for its integrity, reliability and unmatched customer service standards. TQL strives to be the most trusted and reliable freight brokerage in the logistics industry and has been consistently recognized for this commitment as well as its outstanding business practices and performance. To learn more about Total Quality Logistics and its superior freight brokerage service, visit www.TQL.com.